Five Ways to Get Your Blog Noticed
June 11, 2013 - Posted by Shama Kabani
Often when you first begin a blog, it requires a lot of hard work and quality content to build a regular readership that is consistent and interactive. However, on top of this, you must still promote your blog in order to get a larger number of views. You want to be noticed in order to build traffic and gain followers. Don’t let the fight between SEO and content mess up your ability to get your blog noticed. To get noticed, you have to be willing to try new things, and you can’t ever stop trying new things. Keep up the great content and promote your blog. Read on to learn the seven ways you can get your blog noticed.
1) Solve a Problem: Make sure that your blog posts solve problems that your reader might be having. This adds value to your reader’s lives and makes them want to check on your blog more often to see what other pieces of advice you might have. Solving a particular problem of your readers consistently is an easier way to build traffic to you r site. Additionally, solving the problems of your particular readers creates a great opportunity for you to show yourself as an expert in your field.
2) Don’t Be Afraid of Promotion: Don’t feel like you can’t talk about your blog in other aspects of your work. Include a link to your blog URL in your email signature to encourage anyone you email to check it out. Comment on other blog posts and include a link to your blog URL but make sure you aren’t spamming their blogs. Post your stories through StumbleUpon, Digg, and other social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. Using social media to promote yourself is a great way to get noticed.
3) Keep Up the Great Content: Make sure that the unique content you write will maintain the interest of visitors and have them keep coming back. Try to post regularly, using SEO key words, and share your point of view. While there are times when you need more than content for great content marketing, you should know that content is what keeps your readership coming back to visit your blog!
4) Get Off the Web: Promoting your blog post doesn’t all have to be online. If you sell products, include the URL of your blog on the packaging, or in a receipt. Put it on flyers that you send out to people within your industry. Include your URL on your business card so that potential leads can see what you’ve been up to. Getting out in the real world puts a face to the blog, and makes people more likely to check out your work.
5) Comment, Comment, Comment!: If you start getting a lot of comments, you might be pretty overwhelmed. It’s best if you allow comments on your blog, however, because replying to comments is one of the best ways to build a relationship online. People will be much more likely to spread your blog post if you are genuinely interested in their comment and even write back to them. Be active in your commenting. Seek out other blogs to comment on, and create relationships with other bloggers with whom you can share ideas and even guest write!
The point is to be fresh, creative, and interesting. Be able to embrace change to get marketing success, and be prepared for the viewership when it does come!These are the top five ways to generate interest for your blog, so make sure you’re able to do so!