7 Things You May Not Know About Shama
December 14, 2008 - Posted by Shama Kabani
By: Shama Hyder
It’s a blogger chain! You write 7 things that someone may not know about you, and then you tag 7 other bloggers who do the same. Well, I’ve been tagged by the remarkable Kevin Eikenberry. Think email forwards on steroids! I usually pass on these things, but I do get a LOT of questions about what I like to do in my free time, etc. So, I thought this was a good chance to give you a peak behind the curtain.
1. I love country music. No, seriously. You can stop laughing now…When I was a kid, my uncle used to listen to the Judds (Why not me…), and I fell in love with the genre. My favorites: LeAnn Rimes, Taylor Swift, and Brad Paisley.
2. I read ridiculously fast. And I don’t speed read. I don’t even know what that means. I don’t use a technique, I just read fast. 750 pages in 4 hours fast. 400 blog posts a day fast. I retain about 80%.
3. I am NOT first generation. Most people assume that I am 1st generation Indian (or Middle Eastern). I am not. I wasn’t born in the U.S. I was born in Goa, India and spent the majority of my childhood in Bangalore, India. I moved to New York when I was 9. My kids, most likely, will be 1st generation.
4. I am a history buff. Freshmen year in high school, they called me the history channel. Again, seriously. The past holds a very deep fascination for me. I find history alluring. There I said it. If I didn’t run an online marketing firm, I’d most likely be a history professor or a librarian.
5. My mother is an actress. She has acted in several Indian-American independent films and plays. She also wanted wants me to be an actress. = )
6. Astrology is a hobby. When I was a junior in college, I made some friends who LIVED by the stars. I don’t do the same, but it was quite an education. I have never let that go. I enjoy studying the stars. And in case you were wondering…I am a Taurus Sun, Cancer Moon, and Scorpio Rising (just barely-29 degrees).
7. I have only 2 vices. I don’t drink (not even coffee), smoke, or party late. I have 2 vices. Books and Chocolate. People have lured me into doing speaking engagements in exchange for chocolate (not kidding). And, I am addicted to books.
Now, your turn ; )
- Web Success Diva
- Leesa Barnes
- Success Fool
- Jonathan Fields
- Andrea J. Lee
- Good Vibe Coach
- Merlyn Sanchez