5 Tips to Use Google Search Like a Pro
October 24, 2007 - Posted by Shama Kabani
1) Use quotations. When looking for an explicit phrase, put it in quotations. Instead of typing small business marketing, try enclosing the phrase within double quotes.
Example- "Small Business Marketing"
2) Search a Specific Site: Want to search a particular site for a phrase but the site doesn’t have a built-in search box? You can use Google by simply typing in "site:somesite.com."
Example: "how to manage a business" site:www.AfterTheLaunch.com
3) Searching Specific Document Types: Looking for just images or power point presentations? Anytime you are searching for a specific document type, use "filetype:" to modify your search results.
Example: "small business marketing" filetype:ppt
4) Check Local Time- To check the local time of a city, simple type in time in x city
Example: Time in London
5) Search Patents- Have an idea for an invention but no clue if someone already had it first? Search Google Patents.